Daab Chingri is an authentic traditional Bengali recipe. This is a very special dish which is occasionally prepared at home, and the unique taste is something to relish for.
Preparation time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Shrimps, deshelled and deveined - 250 gms net.
Daab (tender coconut) - 1 large
Onion - 1 small
Garlic - 2 cloves
Green chilli paste - 1/2 Teaspoon
Mustard paste - 2 Tablespoon
Panch phoron - 1/4 Teaspoon
Mustard oil - 3 Tablespoon
Turmeric powder – ½ Teaspoon
Salt – To taste
Wheat dough/aluminium foil (to seal the coconut)
How to Make Daab Chingri
1. Scrape coconut flesh properly and make a smooth paste using the coconut-water.
2. Cut coconut-bottom and make it flat so that it can stand inside an oven or a pressure cooker.
3. Cut its head in a slightly bigger round shape, it will help while stuffing.
4. Keep the lid safely.
5. For the shrimp mixture.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Add panch phoron masala and let it crackle.
8. Now add onion and garlic, fry.
9. Add cooked spices and oil in a large mixing bowl.
10. Add mustard paste, chilli paste, turmeric, salt, coconut paste and coconut water.
11. Mix well, now add shrimps to this paste and mix well.
12. Stuff the shrimp mixture inside coconut and seal its lid with dough.
13. Preheat the oven to 220 degree and cook for about 45minutes.
1. Stuff the shrimp mixture inside coconut, seal the lid with dough.
2. Put the coconut inside pressure cooker.
3. Add some water to the pressure cooker.
4. Close the lid and cook over medium heat, let the cooker whistle thrice.
5. Let the vapour get released completely.
6. Serve and enjoy every single bite of it.